Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sisters around the world


As sisters in Zion, we'll all work together;
The blessings of God on our labors we'll seek.
We'll build up his kingdom with earnest endeavor;
We'll comfort the weary and strengthen the weak.

The errand of angels is given to women; And this is a gift that, as sisters, we claim:
To do whatsoever is gentle and human, To cheer and to bless in humanity's name.


I do not have words to express my respect, appreciation, and admiration for these wonderful sisters. Ours is a work of salvation, service, and becoming a holy people.
Joseph Smith said; This blessing of knowledge and intelligence comes to all righteous women in the Church, regardless of their race or nationality, and irrespective of whether they are new in the Church or descendants of one of the first 20 members in Nauvoo in 1842. These blessings flow to those sisters who willingly perform the work of angels.

You've gotta serve where your needed.
How vast is our purpose, how broad is our mission,
If we but fulfill it in spirit and deed.
Oh, naught but the Spirit's divinest tuition
Can give us the wisdom to truly succeed.

“The Lord knows the hearts and minds of each of our sisters. He knows their struggles and heartaches, their joys and their sorrows. And only He truly knows what will best help them. Thus, our solution is to ask in faith for direction.”
I truly love my Chuukese sisters and am so blessed to serve here in Micronesia with them.  I know that being a Visiting teacher is very important.  I am grateful for my partner and sister friend in my home ward Julie Bates.  She has been such an amazing companion and example to me.  I pray each day that I will be able to share the blessing I have learned with my Chuukese Sisters.   I am grateful to testify of the truthfulness of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and of a living prophet today who leads His work.

No comments:

Post a Comment