Wednesday, October 10, 2012

God Bless the Child

I love all the kids!
This is some of my primary class. I love these little girls. We don't have a nursery so we also get the babies. Good thing I come from a large family so I can handle it. I have a great friend that comes in with me and translates for about 30 minutes to make sure they understand the lesson. Music is music in all languages but they love learning English music. Then we sit down and color pictures. These children love to color and are very satisfied for a long time to sit and color.
Even the boys want to be in the pictures. It truly is amazing how well behaved all these kids are. They crave to learn and be spoken too. We have been practicing singing "I am a Child of God" for our District Conference at the end of the year. They are singing it in English, I love the way is sounds in Chuukese but the kids want to sing it in English so English it is. You notice the finger gestures, all the Chuukese people do that. I am not completely sure why but they love to give a hand sign.
This is my favorite picture. I think it truly shows the sweetness these young kids have in them. I can't express enough how much I love them. We have so much fun together even though it is so hot because we don't have air conditioning and I sweat like I have been working out in my yard. We sing and dance around a lot too. They love it when I get animated and do the actions for the song. They laugh and laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment