Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"Grateful for a 14-year-old boy, Joseph Smith"


Life is interesting; here I sit at the outside restaurant down stairs from our apartment.  I have not been feeling well since we came back from Guam.  Being sick is kind of a drag anytime but here it's worse, why???? You might be asking, well for most of us feeling sick is a drag, for me it really stinks.  I don't do sick well, I don't like going to bed, lying down or being the patient.  I would much rather be the care giver. Maybe you feel the same way.  Anyway at home when I don't feel good I go to work (outside) usually working in the yard. I have no yard here to work in, nor do I have a house per say to work in... Maybe right now your thinking well maybe you should go out doing some missionary work get your mind of yourself right! Well, that did cross my mind, but I am pretty sure the people I would visit don't want a sick missionary coming over and throwing up at their home.  Like I said before Chuuk is not a good place to be sick, not that anywhere is but Chuuk really isn't a good place to be sick.  Our island is so tiny you can't go anywhere or do anything only hangout in your apartment and for someone that doesn't sit still very well or long it is a real drag.  So the question for me is what is it I am to learn from this???   Well we try to teach our young Elders first line of defense.... Priesthood blessing.  "In a priesthood blessing a servant of the Lord exercises the priesthood, as moved upon by the Holy Ghost, to call upon the powers of heaven for the benefit of the person being blessed"
As many of you know fifteen years ago this month I was very sick.  I truly believe that I am here because of many Priesthood blessings, the faith and love of my wonderful companion, family and friends.  
Elder Tiffany has given me a blessing and we were hoping I will be on the road to recovery.  I know without a doubt that is my best defense and through my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ if I am to be healed I will be healed.  The priesthood is the power and authority of God delegated to man. Priesthood keys are the right to direct the use of that power. Priesthood and priesthood keys open the door to the blessings of the Atonement. 
3 Nephi 18:19, 20 "Therefore ye must always pray unto the Father in my name; and whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you". I am on the road to recovery now and I am so grateful that a 14-year-old boy, Joseph Smith, entered a grove of trees asking to know which church is right. I will be eternally grateful for the answer he received and the subsequent restoration of the priesthood and its keys through John the Baptist; Peter, James, and John; and other holy messengers. May we use this great power to bless all of God’s children, beginning with our own families, is my prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment